At CHAIN we recognise the importance of privacy and we ensure that your details are kept secure when using our site. Our partners at Starbit maintain our website and manage some of our data on their secure servers. Read below for the information CHAIN collects, in accordance with GDPR and other legal requirements.
- Direct information: when you register, order from our website or contact us including
- Personal information
- Billing information
- Computer IP address
- Indirect information: about your use of this website, via cookies
Your privacy as our customer is of the utmost importance to us. CHAIN does not purchase or collect information about you from third parties, nor do we sell or share your data with any third party.
We will use your information to provide you with the best service we can. Specifically, we use it to:
- Confirm your order (requiring your contact details).
- Complete your order (requiring your name, address, and order details). You may also be contacted by the nominated courier service if there are any queries about your delivery or to confirm dispatch.
- Confer with you about your order, either by phone or e-mail.
- We also retain contact information to follow up with our customers, ensuring they are satisfied with their product and provide technical support as outlined in our Terms & Conditions. We will not contact you for any reason other than your order.
- Payment may be made securely through our e-commerce platform, WooCommerce, for academic customers.
- Commercial customers may contact us directly through this website to arrange ordering and payment.
Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as payments.
Personal data is stored securely by CHAIN and is accessible by our sales team to provide you with prompt delivery of your order. Company management may also access your data for oversight and market analysis purposes.
Rights and limitations
You retain the right to have your data deleted, as specified by the “right to be forgotten”. Please contact email@example.com to request deletion of your data.
If requested by law enforcement authorities, your information will be disclosed when we are obliged to do so, for the crime detection and prevention (e.g. fraud).
While we do our very best to protect and secure your information, the Internet is not a perfectly secure medium for communication. CHAIN cannot guarantee the security of information sent via the Internet. As such we are not responsible for any damages which you or others may suffer as a result of loss of confidentiality of such information.
Most browsers are set to just accept cookies by default, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Have a look at the “Help” section of your browser for more information.